* To increase awareness of malignant melanoma and skin cancer through education, advocacy and research.
* To advocate for detection and to obtain skin examinations. We help people find dermatologist in their area as well.
* To ease the burden and to provide support for melanoma patients, caregivers and medical professionals through financial aid.
* To create a national association to aid in providing support to those with melanoma.
* To ultimately find a cure for melanoma.
Our goal is to spread to every city in the United States to change the mindset of Americans and bring about community awareness in every state!
Miles Against Melanoma is a national organization that began in 2010. Our mission is provide the public with education regarding the extreme damaging effects of the sun and tanning devices. Through MAM, we provide funding for awareness, education, advocacy and research for skin cancer, melanoma and cancers related to skin cancer.
To all my loyal support team for Melanoma it is with a heavy heart we will no longer organize our 5k run/ walk. We will continue to update melanoma as we get new procedures. I want to thank my family, volunteers, runners, walkers, and sponsors for everything the did for our organization! If you would need to ask a questions or donation email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would like to put together bags to help melanoma patients in need of personal hygiene and something to make them smile. I also would like to help patients in stage 3&4 with paying a light bill ect.
**Miles Against Melanoma is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to fight melanoma by increasing awareness, supporting patients/survivors and families, and fundraising for research. ** While Miles Against Melanoma is devoted to educational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute professional medical care. Information provided by us should not be used for diagnosing or treating a skin problem or disease. If you have or suspect you have a skin problem please consult with a dermatologist, or other qualified professional healthcare provider.**
Copyright 2014. Miles Against Melanoma Kansas City. All Rights Reserved.